Sunday Morning Cooking : Bistik Ayam

So I made bistik ayam last week based from the recipe from Vie The Food Amateur's blog and it tasted soooo delicious. I was so happy, since it's the second time I successfully made a dish. Well, I cooked so many times before, but I think this one and before, the cream spaghetti, are the best ones.

And here is the recipe I copied from here :

Ingredients :

2 chicken fillets, chopped
1 onion, slice it a little bit thick
1 tomato, slice to dices
1/2 tbsp margarine
1 tsp chinese red wine (or known as hongjiu in mandarin)
1 sp tomato sauce
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 pepper
1/2 tsp maizena
sugar (you can and also can't use it, it is based on your taste)

Sides :
french fries/carrots/corn/beans

Method :
1. Cut thinly the chicken fillet
2. Prepare an empty bowl, put in the sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper, and nutmeg
3. Mix in the fillet in the bowl, stir in until all of the sides are covered. Add maizena, stir again. Put it aside or store it in the fridg for 20 mins until it really absorbed the sauce. 
4. While waiting on the chicken, boil the sides
5. Melt the margarine on the pan, and sautee the onion
6. When it smells good already, stir in the chicken while adding water that has been added by the chinese red wine. Avoid getting the heat too high to prevent the chicken burned and to make sure the chicken infiltrated with the sauce.
7. Add in tomato and tomato sauce, a little bit of sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in the water based on your taste
8. Present it with the sides

Result :



Well I didn't exactly follow the recipe, since I like richer taste, so I added the spices maybe twice more than the original recipe, and it still tasted good, like chicken steaks. So my advice, just taste whenever you cook to have the best result.

And, I'm having a dance competition tomorrow in DBL Arena, and also final tests in the next weeks. I believe that it's really gonna be a super busy and hectic week so I think I would be in a hiatus again hehe. Wish me luck!

See you at the next post!

Comments

  1. okayyy.. ill wait for your next post! haha anyway can you give me the tester? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not really sure. Haha. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts